As part of a long term vision of investing time and tools to develop and enrich the community around us, TowerJazz is involved in many public service activities.
Corporate citizenship is an integral building block of our success. Our community involvement through employee volunteer services and financial support of non-profit organizations helps create a positive impact on our community by adding value to the quality of life in surrounding areas.
In addition to the organizational motivation that is created when employees gain confidence through being given the tools and opportunities to meet big challenges, we believe that the gracious spirit that is build through one-on-one service is critical to the unity and motivation of our employee base. In most instances of community service, TowerJazz donates funds matched by employees donating their personal time.
Education and Technology
Our goal is to inspire our youth to pursue careers in science and technology by creating a synergy between current educators and corporate resources. We also support local educational institutions whose mission is to improve public awareness of science and technology.
- Internships: TowerJazz offers internships at all locations, providing summer paid employment and thesis projects to students from top universities within the respective locations nation. Recently we have extended outreach into Asia for internships within the Israeli design center.
- At all locations, we have an active university level intern program, providing summer paid employment and thesis projects to students from top universities within the respective locations nation and most recently we have provided outreach into Asia for internships within the Israeli design center.
- In Israel, the Arab population constitutes 20% of the general population, but only 1-2% of the high-tech personnel. Many of the brightest Arab high school graduating students choose career fields within medicine and law, where they believe they may have greater control over their career progression, rather than within technical disciplines where they may be particularly gifted. In order to bring these exceptional Arab students into high-tech, TowerJazz began a program offering internships to students in the graduating class of top Arab high schools in Nazareth. (click here for additional information)
- Graduate Research: Our R&D teams at all manufacturing locations, contribute to university graduate research by providing free of charge silicon processing; "MPW shuttles" to multiple university research groups, in the US, Israel and Korea, where our management and research staff, additionally, contribute time and expertise as mentors and lecturers.
- Community Involvement in Israel:
- For the past three years, TowerJazz has operated and donated electronic equipment for a computer class where students of different ages receive computer lessons from a paid TowerJazz experienced 'teacher.'
- Key technical staff members volunteer as mentors and judges for mid-school and high school science fair projects. We view this as a prime value to open and excite young minds to the miracles of natural laws.
- We have adopted a foster care secondary school with a combined Jewish, Druze and Arab population of 500 students, where we fund a yearly Global Awareness Investigation Action (GAIA) program.
Human and Health Services
We provide volunteer services to children and adults in need.
- Community Involvement in the United States: Organizations that we proudly represent include: Orangewood Children's Foundation; Susan G. Komen for the Cure; Ronald McDonald House Charities; The Feeding America Organization; Santa for Seniors, and Share Ourselves for the Thanksgiving Holiday (SOS), which provides free services to families including medical and dental care, counseling, food, clothing, and financial assistance.
- Community Involvement in Israel:
- TowerJazz has "adopted" youth from three youth clubs, assisting them by donating money for computers, furniture and other items, with our employees donating time for tutoring and other activities.
- We fully fund and monitor an early primary education program in Migdal Haemek which identifies children with learning disabilities and then works with the children, their parents and their educators to correct or augment the learning style before a long term negative impact is realized in the child's academic development. This is perhaps the single program where funds are given without a 'matching' contribution of our employees' time.
- Our employees take part in community activities including: collaboration with nature environment organizations, retirement institutions, working on buildings requiring renovation, preparing food packages for families in need, and blood drives, among others.