65nm BCD Power Management Platform
Leading Edge Technology on 300mm
Addressing Massive Power Products Market Operating up to 16V
65nm BCD process is leading the low voltage market segment with the highest power efficiency, best digital integration capability and superior cost effectiveness through both the smallest die size and low mask count.
The platform provides significant material competitive advantages for any type of power management chip up to 16V operation regardless of application, including a wide variety of products such as: PMICs, load switches, DC-DC converters, LED drivers, motor drivers, battery management, analog and digital controllers, and more.
The process includes four leading edge power LDMOS transistors: 5V, 7V, 12V and 16V operation, each with the best available Rdson and Qgd parameters. In addition, multiple chips can be integrated to a single monolithic IC solution replacing a multiple chip module for an improved system cost structure and system performance.
TowerJazz’s power transistors are fully isolated to withstand high currents, all with an ultra-low Rdson, e.g. less than 1mΩ*mm² for the 5V LDMOS. For products which operate at the megahertz (MHz) switching frequencies, the 65nm BCD power transistors benefit from a very low Qgd down to 2.3mΩ*nC. In addition, very low metal resistance is achieved using a single or dual 3.3um top thick copper. The 65nm BCD also offers aggressive 113Kgate/mm² 5V digital density and an 800Kgate/mm² 1.2V digital library.
- Ultra low Rdson: industry-best sub 1mΩ*mm² Rdson for 12V BVDSS.
- Low mask count.
- 4 LDMOS devices 5V, 7V, 12V and 16V operation, all with ultra low Rdson. Roadmap up to 30V operation.
- Single and dual 3.3um top thick copper to allow low metal resistance and high currents.
- 45V floating capability.
- Low Qgd performance offering advanced power efficiency for fast switching converters (MHz).
- Aggressive 5V digital library with high digital density and 1.2V digital library with just three additional production layers.
- High quality facility with advanced metro-logy and fast cycle time.
- Technology fit for a wide variety of products such as PMIC, load switches, DC-DC converters, LED drivers, motor drivers, battery management, analog and digital controllers and more
- Automotive market qualified (IATF 16949).