Multi-Project Wafer (MPW) Shuttle Program
TowerJazz’s MPW shuttle program offers maximum flexibility while minimizing overall efforts.
TowerJazz offers a low cost and quick prototyping MPW shuttle program providing essential elements for successful silicon production. TowerJazz’s program enables customers to tape-out their designs for rapid prototyping and helps reduce costs by sharing the expense of masks and wafers with other MPW shuttle program participants.
Using the program, a customer can design and verify a wide range of intellectual property and run prototype designs before committing to a full production mask set. This can all be done using TowerJazz’s standard manufacturing process technologies.
About the MPW Shuttle Program
Customers select a formal process flow and features from robust offerings
Each reticle field has up to 16 tiles of 5 x 5:
- Some are reserved for R&D and PCM structures
- Center tiles are used to ensure performance
A one-time MPW shuttle fee covers these items:
- GDS data preparation, mask preparation and mask set order
- Wafer processing
- Standard sawing and back grind
- Shipping ~60 complete tiles from several wafers
Special services for additional fee:
- Larger than 5×5 tile size
- Multiple processes on same tile
- Intra-tile Sub dicing
- Additional MPW shuttle parts
- Extra stand-alone wafers if needed for bumping
- ITAR specific handling if required